D.I.C.E. will have free portfolio reviews by:
- Jeanine Schaefer (MARVEL'S Talent Manager)
- Ellie Pyle (Editor for MARVEL)
- Mark Doyle (Editor for DC COMICS)
- Si Parr (2000AD HEAD GRAPHIC DESIGNER).
Here are the procedures to avail of a portfolio review:
- You must be a paying attendee of DICE 2014.
- Portfolios must be dropped off at a designated table from 11AM to 12AM, on the Saturday or Sunday of the Expo.
- Portfolios will not be accepted at any other time than the designated one!
- All portfolios must consist of photocopied samples only.
- Please do not leave any original artwork as there is no guarantee of getting your portfolio back!
- If you are called back, you can bring your portfolio of originals with you, but that it is entirely at your responsibility.
- Leaving your portfolio is in no way a guarantee that you will be called back by the Editors.
- All portfolios must be clearly identified with Name and Contact (Mobile Number/E-Mail) of the artist submitting the portfolio.
- The Editors have full remit on who they want to call for a full portfolio review.
- The Expo has no influence or say over their choices.
- Call back times will be posted up by 2PM.
- If you are called back, you must be available at the time designated to you.
- If you aren't available at the time designated to you, you will lose your slot and therefore the opportunity for a portfolio review.
- If you want your work to be seen by a MARVEL editor, you must have this document printed and filled out with your portfolio.
- If you want your work to be seen by a DC COMICS editor, you must have this document printed and filled out with your portfolio.
- Lack of properly filled out documents will automatically disqualify your portfolio from being seen by an editor!
In addition, some of the guests like PJ HOLDEN, DECLAN SHALVEY and WILL SLINEY have offered to do unscheduled portfolio reviews, so if you catch them at their table that's another opportunity for some invaluable advice.
We suggest you pay attention to advice they give you, as this might be the most important day of your budding comics' career!